It’s the End of London Cocktail Week, Sip On That
Refresh yourself after a long week of cocktails with Patrón’s light and sweet recipe for Sunday.
Sep. 28, 2017
Inspired by a seriously old-fashioned cocktail, the El Clericot De Retiro is gracing the Patrón bar with a touch of fresh class for the final day of London Cocktail Week. From noted Latin America bartender Renato Giovannoni, this drink revives the popular 19th century drink, the Clericot. With a fruity and fresh base of mandarin juice, white vermouth and Patrón Silver, touches of cucumber and eucalyptus are added to smooth out the flavors, giving it notes that represent long-standing neighborhood of Retiro where Renato’s own bar, Floreria Atlantico, is located. Sipped easily out of a wine glass, El Clericot De Retiro is the perfect drink to end your time at London Cocktail Week on a high note.
Stop by the Patrón bar for the perfect way to ring out London Cocktail Week until next year. Cheers!
El Clericot De Retiro
- 1.25 oz Patrón Silver
- .5 oz Martini & Rossi Bianco Vermouth
- .5 oz Mandarin juice
- 2 Slices of cucumber
- 1 Dash eucalyptus syrup*
- 1 Dash tonic water
- + Mandarin wedge, cucumber slice and eucalyptus leaves for garnish
- Shake all ingredients in a shaker with ice.
- Strain into a wine glass with rocks and broken ice.
- Garnish with a mandarin wedge, a cucumber slice and eucalyptus leaves.
3 6 inch fresh eucalyptus leaves
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Strain the syrup into a bottle and refrigerate.