Race Day Mexico City Cocktail: Patrón Paloma
Oct. 23, 2023
From the Pit Stop with Checo Pérez SeriesSee more
Rooted in Mexico—making it the perfect cocktail for this race—the paloma cocktail gets an upgrade in this iteration when prepared with Patrón Reposado.
The versatility of the Patrón Paloma shines bright with refreshing flavors from lime and grapefruit, and topped with a splash of bubbles. It’s simply perfecta!
- 1.5 oz Patrón Reposado Tequila
- 1-2 lime wedges
- 3 oz Fresh grapefruit juice
- .5 oz Fresh squeezed lime juice
- .5 oz Agave syrup (1:1)*
- 1 oz sparkling mineral water, chilled
- Grapefruit wedge for garnish
- Himalayan salt and refined white sugar for rimming
- Using a small saucer or plate, combine the salt and sugar together, set aside.
- Using a fresh lime wedge, sliced across the middle, rub the juice across half of the Collins glass rim, then tip upside down and submerge the rim of the glass into the salt and sugar mix (this gives a half salt rim).
- In the same Collins glass, add the tequila, lime, grapefruit, and agave syrup (see recipe below).
- Add the ice right to the top and add the chilled grapefruit soda. Using the bar spoon, gently stir from the bottom to the top to mix the ingredients.
- Add the grapefruit wedge to the glass, down the side.
*1:1 Agave Syrup – yield 16 oz
10 oz Boiling water
10 oz Organic agave syrup
- Add both ingredients to a food safe container and stir until dissolved.
- Once cool, add to a bottle, and close the cap.
- Add a date and name label, store in the fridge until use (you can use this right away). The syrup will keep up to 7-10 days refrigerated.