Race Day Silverstone Cocktail: Garden Paloma
Jun. 30, 2023
From the Pit Stop with Checo Pérez SeriesSee more
This exquisite yet elegant cocktail featuring Patrón Reposado is fit for royalty. Craft this inventive spin on the classic Patrón Reposado Paloma is made with elderflower liqueur, a delicious addition to the classic drink that works well to bring one of the quintessential English ingredients to life. The final touches will elevate your cocktail game to the next level and make this race one to remember.
- 1 Tbsp Himalayan pink salt (or kosher salt – not iodized table salt)
- 1-2 Lime wedges
- 1.5 oz Patrón Reposado Tequila
- .5 oz St Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- .75 oz Fresh lime juice
- .75 oz Fresh grapefruit juice
- .5 oz Agave syrup (1:1)
- Squirt or Fever Tree Grapefruit Soda, chilled
- Half a wheel of fresh grapefruit for garnish
- Edible flowers for garnish
- Using a small saucer or plate, add the salt, set aside.
- Using a fresh lime wedge, sliced across the middle, rub the juice across half of the Collins glass rim, then tip upside down and submerge the rim of the glass into the salt (this gives a half salt rim).
- In a shaker, add the tequila, St Germain, lime, grapefruit, and agave syrup. Add the ice and shake hard for 5-7 seconds.
- Strain using the hawthorn into the salt rimmed Collins glass, filled with ice, and add the chilled grapefruit soda.
- Add the grapefruit ½ wheel to the glass, down the side, and a small bouquet of edible flowers.