Cocktailing Coast to Coast: Patrón Live and Green
Get in the groove with this sweet and savory Nashville cocktail.
Aug. 27, 2019
From the Cocktail Coast to Coast SeriesSee more
Music in the air pairs best with a Patrón cocktail in your hand. Nashville Lifestyles suggests that cocktail should be the Patrón Live and Green. Crafted by bartender Akinde Olagundoye, this sweet, savory, and vegetal sipper is made with super smooth Patrón Reposado. So, get the tequila out, your inner bartender warmed up, and get ready to make this delicious crowd pleaser. One sip and you’ll be singing for more.
Patrón Live and Green Recipe
- 1.5 oz Patrón Reposado
- .75 oz Fresh lime juice
- .75 oz Agave nectar
- 8 Arugula leaves
- 4 Thin slices of poblano pepper
- 4 Thin slices of jalapeno
- .05 oz Avocado
- + Dash of salt and black pepper
- + Spiced rim* (ancho chile powder, cayenne, black pepper, kosher salt, and sugar)
- Garnish:2 Pineapple leaves & 1 slice of red bell pepper & Spiced rim* (ancho chile powder, cayenne, black pepper, kosher salt, and sugar)
- Shake hard for best flavor incorporation.
- Double strain over fresh ice.
- Garnish with 2 Pineapple leaves, 1 slice of red bell pepper, and a spiced rim.
Prepare rim in the ratio of 1 Ancho chile to 1 cayenne to 1 black pepper to 1 kosher salt to 4 turbinado sugar.