Cocktailing Coast to Coast: Diablo Verde
Try this avocado tequila cocktail crafted in San Francisco, California.
Aug. 27, 2019
From the Cocktail Coast to Coast SeriesSee more
Get a taste of the Bay Area’s eclectic culture with the Diablo Verde cocktail recipe. Crafted by local bartender Caleb Kimbley, it incorporates authentically Mexican Patrón Silver with unmistakably Californian avocado. The result is a savory, spicy and refreshing pineapple-pepper cocktail that’s featured in San Francisco Magazine.
Diablo Verde Cocktail Recipe
- 2 oz Patrón Silver
- .75 oz Pineapple pandan syrup*
- ¼ Avocado
- 4 Drops 10% saline solution
- 2 Small pieces fresh habanero
- Garnish:Pineapple leaves and fresh habanero.
- Muddle citrus, pineapple pandan syrup, avocado and habanero together in the bottom of a mixing tin.
- Add Patrón and saline, shake.
- Strain over fresh cobbled ice in a Claret or wine glass.
- Garnish with pineapple leaves and fresh habanero.
*Pineapple pandan syrup:
Cut a whole pineapple with skin on into small pieces. Add 4 large pandan leaves and combine with a 1.5:1 rich simple syrup and cover with cheese cloth. Let sit for 48 hours then strain.