Cocktailing Coast to Coast: Como La Flour
Introduce yourself to this refreshingly floral sipper from Denver.
Aug. 27, 2019
From the Cocktail Coast to Coast SeriesSee more
Rocky Mountain highs just got higher with this sweet and refreshing cocktail. Featured in 5280, the Como La Flour was created by bartender Colin Overett and uses Patrón Reposado to elevate any cocktail hour. Make your own and enjoy the sweet, the citrusy, and the floral with refreshing subtle berry notes mixed in.
Como La Flour
- 2 oz Patrón Reposado
- 1 oz Honey dew melon cordial*
- .5 oz Licor 43
- .5 oz Orange juice
- .5 oz Lemon juice
- .5 oz Lillet Rouge float
- +Garnish with dehydrated citrus wheel
- Jigger each ingredient in a shaker tin (except Lillet Rouge).
- Add ice, shake, and strain into Poco Grande glass.
- Add crushed ice, float Lillet Rouge on top.
- Garnish with dehydrated citrus wheels and place wild flowers in front.
*Honey Dew Melon Cordial:
750ml bottle - Juice 1 Honeydew melon (approximately 16oz), add 16oz white sugar, 3 crushed lemongrass stems, 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, bring to a simmer, let sit for 15-20min, add 3 oz grain alcohol (Everclear) for stabilization. Chill.