Handcrafted Smoky Tequilas: Ahumado Silver & Ahumado Reposado
Discover our new smoky tequilas—Patrón Ahumado Silver and Patrón Ahumado Reposado—featuring a cooked agave smoky flavor that will become your new favorite sophisticated spirits.
May. 10, 2023
An Introduction To Smoked Tequilas
Tequila is a beloved spirit that has been enjoyed for centuries, but in recent years a new trend has emerged: smoked agave tequila. Reminiscent of mezcal, and other smoked spirits, this unique style of tequila is made using a traditional process that involves roasting the agave plant in an oven, giving it a smoky, rich flavor that sets it apart from other tequilas. It has become increasingly popular among tequila enthusiasts and mixologists alike, as its bold flavor profile lends itself well to a variety of cocktails and sipping experiences.
Meet The Patrón Ahumado Collection
From craft to glass, both Patrón Ahumado Tequilas are passionately handcrafted with the finest agave and roasted in small batches with mesquite charcoal for seven days in underground stone pits at Hacienda Patrón in Jalisco, Mexico. The agaves are then crushed through a 100% tahona wheel distillation process to produce a spirit that is bold in flavor. Elevate your cocktail game with these new members of our tequila collection.
Patrón Ahumado Silver
Patrón Ahumado Silver is a smoke-kissed tequila made with 100% Weber Blue Agave for a lingering smoky flavor and smooth taste, natural sweetness balanced with notes of spices, black pepper, and cooked agave.
Patrón Ahumado Margarita
1.5 oz Patrón Ahumado Silver
- 1 oz Citrónge Orange Liqueur
- 0.75 oz Fresh lime juice
- 0.25 oz Simple syrup
- + Lime wedge for garnish
- + Kosher salt (optional)
- Combine liquid ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously with ice to chill.
- Strain onto a rocks glass with fresh ice.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
- Optionally, salt half of the rim of the glass with kosher salt.
Patrón Ahumado Reposado
The smooth, sweet and smoky reposado tequila, features woody notes of black pepper, and hints of vanilla and caramel. This reposado tequila with smoky flavor is made with slowly roasted agave over mesquite charcoal for a 100% naturally perfect pour.
Ahumado Old Fashioned
- 2 oz Patrón Ahumado Reposado
- 0.5 oz Agave nectar
- 3-4 dashes Angostura bitters
- 2 Grapefruit peels, one for garnish
- In a mixing glass express the oils from one grapefruit peel and combine all the ingredients.
- Stir with ice to chill.
- Strain over large ice cubes in a double old fashioned glass.
- Express the oils of the remaining grapefruit peel and add to the cocktail as garnish.