Cocktailing Coast to Coast: Westside Cobbler
Don’t sleep on this chocolate covered strawberry cocktail made with love in NYC.
Aug. 27, 2019
From the Cocktail Coast to Coast SeriesSee more
As if you needed one more reason to love New York, local bartender Greg Wasserman created the Westside Cobbler Cocktail recipe with cocoa nib-infused Patrón Añejo. Featured in NY Magazine, it’s refreshing and bright with a hint of anise to soon become the chocolate strawberry tequila drink you never knew you needed.
Westside Cobbler Cocktail Recipe
- 1 oz Cocoa nib-infused Patrón Añejo*
- 1 oz Cocchi Americano
- .5 oz Lemon juice
- .5 oz Sugar cane syrup
- 4 Dashes Absinthe
- 1 Strawberry
- Garnish:Strawberry/mint plouche (2-3 large mint tops)/grated chocolate
- Muddle strawberry in a mixing tin.
- Add remaining ingredients and shake to combine.
- Double strain over crushed ice in a double rocks glass.
- Top with clean ice.
- Garnish with a strawberry/mint plouche/grated chocolate.
*Cocoa nib-infused Patrón Añejo:
Macerate Patrón Añejo with Cocoa nibs for 4-6 hours, then strain.