2020 Patrón Perfectionists Cocktail Competition
Three things you should know about entering the world’s premier tequila cocktail competition.
Jun. 21, 2019
1. Your Cocktail Submission Must be Perfection
It’s called the Patrón Perfectionists Cocktail Competition for a reason – nothing less than the most sophisticated, highest-quality, thoughtfully crafted cocktails will be selected. This is what the judges are looking for in particular:
• Appearance – 10 points
Enhance the flavors with clever garnishes and exciting glassware to create a more compelling cocktail.
• Originality – 10 points
Presentation and storytelling add a shot of creativity to any cocktail that can make it irresistible.
• Service/Hosting – 10 points
Confidence and ease behind the bar, while engaging with the audience and judges to create a memorable experience.
• Flavor – 20 points
A balance of interesting flavors should delight the palate and leave everyone wanting another round.
Think you have the recipe for success? Please be aware that once you begin the submission process, you will need to have your cocktail recipe, name, source of inspiration and ingredient listing ready to go. Additionally, you’ll need to be able to provide some details about yourself, including work details and a short biography.
2. Prepare to elevate your network and career
Great minds drink alike, and by entering the 2020 Patrón Perfectionists Cocktail Competition, not only will you have an incredible experience as a participant (and hopefully, a Finalist), you’ll get to engage with other best-in-class bartenders from around the world. From the local level of participants from your home country, all the way to the week-long Global Final where each country’s best bartender is flown to Hacienda Patrón, you’ll make new connections, friendships, and get introduced to flavor profiles and techniques from a variety of different cultures. Here’s a little taste of how it all shook out at last year’s Global Final.
3. It’s easy to enter, but hard to win.
The competition is fierce, and to be selected to participate you’ll have to pull out all the stops with a cocktail worthy of the title. And if you’re lucky enough to move through the ranks and make it to the week-long Global Final, you’ll really have to stretch yourself in terms of presentation. With that said, it’s actually a pretty straightforward process and easy to enter.
- Enter online at PatronPerfectionists.com.
- If selected, you’ll compete against other bartenders in your country’s National Final.
- National Final winners will be flown to Hacienda Patrón in Jalisco, Mexico to compete in The Global Final where one will be named 2020’s Patrón Perfectionist. If you’ve never been to Hacienda Patrón, this in itself is reason enough to participate. Imagine the Disneyland of tequila mixed with… well, more tequila.
Ready to get shaking?