Patrón Pairing Mini Series: Mini Chicken Hot Dogs
Aug. 30, 2016
From the Patrón Pairing Mini Series SeriesSee more
Everyone’s heard the phrase “Good things come in small packages,” but being able to prove that in just one bite (or sip!) is a real feat. In this three-part “mini” series, Patrón proves that enormously good things happen when you pair tiny bottles (50mL) of tequila with bite-size finger food. Here, tiny hot dogs topped with crunchy potato chips find the perfect mate in Patrón Silver. Sip it straight or in refreshing cocktail form, like the Silver Breeze.
Mini Chicken Hot Dogs
For the Turmeric Tartar Sauce
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons capers, finely chopped
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon celery, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dill, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
For the Old Bay-Seasoned Potato Chips
- 1 cup crinkly cut potato chips
- 1½ tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
Using your hands, crush the crinkly cut potato chips over a medium bowl until they are small enough to fit on top of the hot dog buns. Toss the crushed chips with the Old Bay seasoning and save for later.
For the Mini Chicken Hot Dogs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 mini chicken dogs
- 8 mini potato bread hot dog buns, toasted
- ½ cup turmeric tartar sauce
- 1 cup Old Bay-seasoned potato chips
- 24 celery stalks, thinly sliced, for garnish
- 24 dill pluches, for garnish
In a large skillet over medium high heat, add the canola oil and sear the hot dogs until golden brown and fully warmed through, 8 minutes. Place the hot dogs in the mini toasted buns, top with the turmeric tartar sauce and sprinkle with the Old Bay-seasoned potato chips. Garnish each hot dog with 3 thin slices of celery, 3 celery leaves and 3 dill sprigs, then serve.