Hot Chocolate del Diablo
Oct. 22, 2015
So I’m a huge fan of hot chocolate. It reminds me of ski trips in the winter when I’d come in from the cold and sip on a steaming hot cup of cocoa while holding it close to my body to warm myself.
As the weather gets cooler, my craving for hot chocolate gets stronger. In middle school, I would come home nearly every day in the winter and make myself ones of those hot chocolates from a package. And sometimes my sister and I would experiment putting in extra marshmallows, chocolate syrup, and even oreos. Mmmmm!
But now that I’m an adult (for argument’s sake), my addition of choice is booze. So you can bet all winter I plan to sip on this Hot Chocolate del Diablo, meaning Devil’s Hot Chocolate.
What’s in it, you ask? Oh just a seriously rich hot cocoa with chocolate chile tequila. It makes for a sinful cocktail that is sure to wow.
In other words, say hello to the ultimate Halloween party drink.
Chocolate and chile is a natural pairing. And the chile gets cut by the thickness of the chocolate so you can keep on enjoying your drink without feeling overwhelmed by spice. The addition of tequila takes it over the top. I mean, who doesn’t want a little booze in their hot cocoa?!
That’s why I’m so exited to be partnering with Patrón for this post. Their XO Cafe Incenido is the perfect combination of Mexican arbol chile, Criollo chocolate, and Patrón Silver tequila. It’s got sweet and spice, making it a great addition to cocktails, shots, or even in desserts!
And did I mention it takes all of 5 minutes to make, making it perfect for easy party planning? Toss everything into a saucepan and let it heat until the chocolate melts. Finish it off with a dusting of cinnamon and a cinnamon stick and you’re done.
HOT CHOCOLATE DEL DIABLO
Serves: 2 cocktails
- 1¾ cups whole milk
- 3 oz Patrón XO Cafe Incendio
- 3 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon medium or dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the milk, Patrón XO Cafe Incendio, chocolate, brown sugar, and cocoa powder. Whisk slowly until the liquid is just scalding and begins to steam.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and ground cinnamon. Pour into two 10 oz glasses and serve with whole cinnamon sticks!
Be the First to Know
Learn about new products and taste-making spins on Patrón cocktails.