How to Make Zests & Twists
Take your mixology skills to the next level by making lemon zest or twists to add to your cocktails. It helps aromatize and beautify your creations. You’ll need a zester as your main tool and follow these steps to make different types of garnishes.
- Using a channel knife or zester, peel a single long string of rind off a piece of citrus using gentle pressure.
- Wrap the piece of zest around a bar spoon to make a spiral.
- Gently pull the bar spoon out to maintain the shape.
- Garnish and enjoy!
- Using a peeler or paring knife, cut an oblong strip of rind from a piece of citrus.
- Twist over the drink to express the oils.
- Place the zest into the drink.
- Enjoy your cocktail!
- Use a paring knife to cut a thin disc of rind from a piece of citrus.
- Hold the disc, waxy side out, between your thumb and index finger.
- Light a match and quickly pass the flame over the skin of the zest a few times to warm it.
- Hold the flame directly in front of the zest while squeezing it in half to release and ignite the oils over a cocktail.
- Enjoy and ignite your passion for cocktails.
Learn from the Pros
Learn how to properly craft cocktails from the best, with our world-renowned bartenders demonstrating the right way to utilize these popular cocktail techniques.
Tequila on Tap
Enjoy a curated list of expertly crafted cocktails based on your preferences.