Race Day Melbourne Cocktail: Queensland Mango Margarita
Mar. 27, 2023
From the Pit Stop with Checo Pérez SeriesSee more
This spin on the Patrón Silver margarita features the tasty Queensland mango—known for its vibrant colour and unique taste—making this margarita shine extra bright. Craft this cocktail with ingredients from Down Under and pair it with your race day watch-party. Grab a shaker, some ice, get mixing, and let the thrills of the race begin.
QUEENSLAND MANGO MARGARITA
- 5 x 2.5 cm cubes Queensland Mango, plus a spear for garnish
- 60 ml Patrón Silver Tequila
- 22.5 ml Fresh lime juice
- 22.5 ml 1:1 agave syrup*
- Pinch Himalayan pink salt (or kosher salt, not iodized table salt)
- +Mint sprig, mango slice for garnish
- Slice one half of a Queensland mango and remove the skin. Cut into 2.5 cm cubes.
- Add the mango cubes, tequila, lime, mango juice, agave syrup and salt to a shaker, and muddle together to crush the fruit.
- Add the ice and close the shaker. Shake hard for 5-7 seconds.
- Fill a rocks glass with ice and using the micro-tea strainer to catch the fruit pieces, and a hawthorn strainer (to hold the ice back), strain the cocktail into the glass.
- Take the mint sprig and gently tap against your wrist to release the oils. Add the mint sprig, stem side down, into the glass.
- Slice a lengthwise piece of the mango, like a spear, and add to the same place as the mint. Serve.
*1:1 Agave Syrup – yield 500 ml
300 ml Boiling water
300 ml Organic agave syrup
- Add both ingredients into a food-safe container and stir until dissolved.
- Once cool, add to a bottle, and close the cap.
- Add a date and name label, store in the fridge until use (you can use this right away).
The syrup will keep up to 7-10 days refrigerated.