How to Shake & Strain
Shake and strain a cocktail properly by following these easy steps. This process helps combine ingredients, chill your cocktail faster and slightly dilute it.
- Place liquid ingredients into the metal tin of a cocktail shaker.
- Place the other tin on top and tap to form a tight seal.
- Hold the shaker horizontally with both hands and shake back and forth for 10-15 seconds.
- Tap the side of the tin with ingredients in it to release the seal.
- Place a strainer over the top of the tin, holding it down with your index finger and gently pour the chilled cocktail into a glass.
- Enjoy your shaken, not stirred, cocktail!
Learn from the Pros
Learn how to properly craft cocktails from the best, with our world-renowned bartenders demonstrating the right way to utilize these popular cocktail techniques.
Tequila on Tap
Enjoy a curated list of expertly crafted cocktails based on your preferences.
From our hands to yours
Patrón is proudly handcrafted every step of the way